1. Beetroot Chaas
- 2 cups Yogurt
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Beetroot Peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tsp ginger Grated
- 1/2 tsp Green Chilli Chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
Add beetroot and 1/2 cup of water in a pan.
Boil for 5 minutes.
Remove the pan from heat and let the beetroot cool.
Blend in a blender along with the water, ginger and green chilli to make a smooth paste.
Strain the pureed beetroot through a strainer.
Whisk the curd in a big vessel.
Add water, salt and pureed beetroot.
Heat oil in a pan.
When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Pour the tempering in the chaas.
2. Rose Lassi
- 3 cups curds
- 1/2 cup rose syrup
2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl along with ½ cup of chilled water and whisk well.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- Pour the lassi into 4 individual glasses.
- Serve chilled garnished with rose petals.
3. Mango lassi popsicles
- 2 Medium Mangoes – peeled and chopped (can be fresh or frozen)
- 2 Cups Yogurt – I’m taking a vegan variety but you can use any plain yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk – optional (to make it extra creamy)
- 1 Tbsp Nielson Massey Rose Water – you may increase or decrease as per taste
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 12 Medium Ice-Cream Molds with Sticks
- 1 Large Bowl of Warm Water – to help un-mold the ice-creams – optional
- For Decoration: (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Dry Rose Petals – crushed
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Pistachio
- In a blender, add mango, yogurt, milk, rose water, cardamom and blend till smooth.
- Pour the lassi in ice-cream molds, filling to the top.
- Place ice-cream stick or cover and place in freezer for 2hours or till popsicles are completely frozen.
- Once frozen, remove from fridge and immediately place the molds in warm water bowl (2-3 seconds).
- Remove the molds from the bowl and lightly open the cover and pull the popsicles out. (This method will gently remove the ice-cream).
- Sprinkle the crushed rose petals + chopped pistachio on each popsicle and press it gently for it to stick to the bars.
- Serve Immediately