Tea, one of the world’s favourite beverage has garnered quite a lot of attention in the beauty industry what with its amazing and natural way and healing and replenishing the skin. The beauty industry has progressed drastically when it comes to ingredients. Several brands have ditched over usage of chemicals and have taken natural ingredients. If you research some Skincare product, you’ll instantly know that the list of natural ingredients they collectively use is long. Such is the successful impact of natural ingredients, and one of them is tea.
Tea is rich in caffeine. The basic explanation of caffeine is that awakes a drowsy mind. However, for the skin caffeine has been known to improve blood circulation and firm the skin. It’s no wonder why people who have cellulite use caffeine-infused products.
But, as good as it is to have natural ingredients incorporated in skincare products, it doesn’t fit everyone’s budget. Not everyone can afford to own high-end brands (mostly high-end brands’ products have these natural ingredients in abundance. Hence, the exorbitant price) that can work their organic wonders. It’s really a steal to be able to find such brands that’s easy on a common man’s budget. But there rarely are any affordable skincare brands that manufacture such products.
So, here 3 DIY skincare products with tea that you can try.
1. Tea face mask
- Multani Mitti
- A brew of black tea (or any tea of choice. Black tea has the most amount of caffeine)
- For the black tea brew, Boil some black tea leaves in water. Once the tea properly infused into the water, set it aside to cool
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients to a thick consistency. Make sure the paste is not overly thick or overly thin. It should able to spread across your face evenly and easily.
- Once the paste is made, apply it evenly on your face and bring it down to your neck
- Let it sit for 45 mins-1hr.
- Rinse off the mask and moisturize your face immediately.
2. Caffeine body scrub
- 1 cup of black tea leaves
- 1 cup of coffee powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2-3 cups of carrier oil of choice
- Mix all the ingredients, and let it set for 30 mins – 1hr.
- In the shower, massage the mixture thoroughly on wet body
- Let the mixture sit on your body for 10-15 mins
- Rinse it off with a mild soap
- If you want, you can use the scrub on your face as well
3. Black-tea infused oil
- 5 table spoons of black tea leaves
- 3 tablespoons of green tea leaves
- 1 cup of carrier oil of choice
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass jar
- Place it in a spot where there’s more sunlight
- Let it sit for 3 weeks – 1month
- The duration will allow the tea leaves to infuse properly into the oil
- If you want to speed up the process a little, heat the mixture in low heat, and let it sit for 2 weeks.
- This oil can be used on your body, face, and hair.