1. Pizza doughnut
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 2 cans refrigerated pizza/crescent dough
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 10 slices mozzarella
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 8 slices provolone, divided
- 4 teaspoons mini pepperoni, for topping
- Heat oil to 350℉ in a deep fryer or heavy pot fitted with an oil thermometer.
- Unroll crescent doughs into two large rectangles, making sure not to tear the perforations. Give the rectangles a couple rounds with a rolling pin to close up the perforations. Spread tomato paste evenly on one rectangle. Place mozzarella in an even layer over the tomato paste. Place pepperoni in an even layer over the mozzarella. Top it all off with the other rectangle; flatten it slightly with the rolling pin. Place 4 slices of provolone on half of the rectangle, and fold the other half over it. Flatten again with a rolling pin.
- Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut four circles out of the dough. Use a smaller cookie cutter to cut holes out of the centers. Pinch the edges together every inch or so to make sure the layers stay intact.
- Use the same cookie cutters to cut four slices of provolone into donut shapes, set aside.
- Carefully drop donuts into the hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack.
- While donuts are still hot, place cut provolone slices on top. Finish them off with mini pepperoni.
2. Pizza Bombs
- Crescent Roll Dough
- 2 sticks White String Cheese 2 sticks cut into 4 even pieces
- Pasta/Pizza Sauce Thick and Hearty Traditional
- 32 piece of pepperoni
- Italian Herbs
- Muffin tin
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Spray a muffin tin with non stick
Open your crescent dough and lay each triangle over an open muffin tin space
Add one teaspoon of Homestyle RAGÚ® Pasta Sauce Thick and Hearty Traditional to each triangle
Add two pieces of pepperoni, then one piece of cheese, followed by 2 more pieces to cover it
Wrap each triangle over and fold into a ball
Sprinkle with herbs
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown
Serve with an additional side of warm pasta sauce
3. Pizza rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cups flour
- 1 cup pizza sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 40-50 pepperoni slices
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a mixing bowl combine warm water, yeast and sugar and let sit about 5 minutes, until yeast is bubbling up.
- Add oil, salt and 2 cups flour with bubbling up yeast and mix well
- Add additional 1 cup flour and salt, knead until smooth
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rest in a warm place for 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spray counter top with non-stick cooking spray and spreading the dough into a large rectangle about ¼”thick
- Spread pizza sauce over the dough, leave one edge of the dough free of topping
- Top with pepperoni slices and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fold over one edge and carefully roll the dough and toppings into a log
- Using a sharp knife, slice the pizza roll into slices that are about ¾ inch thick
- Place the slice on one side on the parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned