1. Baked veggie chips
- 1 Medium Golden Beetroot
- 1 Medium Beetroot
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Small Sweet Potato
- 1 Small Rutabaga or turnip
- 1/2 tsp sea salt Adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper Adjust to taste
- 1 spritz Oil Optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Slice all the veggies into uniformly thin slices with a knife or mandoline. In a bowl, toss them with the oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
3. Spread out on baking pan(s) lined with parchment paper, minimizing overlap. Bake for 10 minutes at 400F. Flip. Bake for another 5-10 minutes until crispy and slightly brown but not burnt. Watch them carefully and even remove some early if they are browning before the others.
4.Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
2. Veg chilly cheese toast
- Bread slices(white or wheat) 4
- Mozzarella cheese 3/4- 1 cup (grated)
Green bell pepper/kudamilagai 1/2 cup(finely chopped)
Green chilly/pachamilagai 2 (finely chopped)
- Crushed pepper 1 tsp or as per taste
- Butter/vennai 1 tbs
- Toast the bread for 30-45 seconds in a hot tawa and apply some butter to each bread.
- Now on the top of the bread slice sprinkle generously grated cheese.Then top it with green chilly and bell pepper. Also sprinkle some crushed pepper.Reduce the flame and cover it with a lid till the cheese gets melted.
- Remove it from the tawa, cut diagonally each bread slice.
- Serve it warm.
3. Cobb dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix
- 1 c. chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato chopped
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. grilled corn
- 1/4 c. bacon cooked & crumbled
- 1/4 c. blue cheese crumbles
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and Ranch Dip mix and mix until smooth.
Spread into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate or other similarly sized pan.
Top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, corn, bacon, and blue cheese.
Eat with your favorite tortilla chips, crackers, or pretzel flats.
4. Buffalo Chicken Mozzarella Sticks
for 16 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- ½ cup buffalo hot sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 oz packet of dry ranch dressing mix, 1 packet
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- oil, for frying
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients with a fork until smooth and evenly mixed.
- Transfer to an 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) baking dish lined with parchment paper. Smooth the mixture out with a spatula so that it’s evenly spread in the dish.
- Freeze until solid, at least one hour.
- Working quickly, remove the solid mixture from the sheet and cut into 4-inch x 1-inch (10 cm x 3 cm) rectangles (there should be 16).
- One by one, bread each stick by coating in flour, then dredging in egg and then bread crumbs. Dip once more in the egg, then once more in the bread crumbs, and transfer to a baking dish.
- Heat the oil to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Carefully lower about three or four of the coated sticks into the oil and fry for about 30 seconds, until golden brown. Continue this until all of the sticks are fried.
- Serve warm with ranch dip.
5. No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Add the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder in a saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and oats and drop onto parchment paper paper.
- Let cool until set, about 10-15 minutes.