Everyone is aware of the fact that soaked almonds are good memory boosters. Are you sure that’s all? Let’s dig a little deeper and find out more about this humble dry fruit:
• When soaked overnight in water, bitter-tasting organic substances present in the almond’s skin is removed. This process softens the skin and makes it easier to peel off and allows the nutrients of the dry-fruit to be absorbed easily by your body.
• Having soaked almonds before breakfast helps prevent aging/wrinkling of skin due to the high level of Vitamin E, an anti-oxidant, present in it.
• Eating soaked almond also reduces inflammation of acne and keeps your skin soft and moist. Making a fine paste of soaked almonds and honey can also work as an effective face mask.
• “It” is also effective in controlling your cholesterol level by reducing the bad fat in the body. This helps in maintaining blood pressure and protecting your heart from attacks.
• It also helps in preventing the risk of strokes by keeping the arteries healthy.
• Badam soaked overnight to have a prebiotic effect which improves the growth of good bacteria and boosts the immune system.
• The anti-cancer properties in almonds prevent abnormal cell growth in the body, hence helping fight cancer.
• Badam helps our guts absorb more nutrients from food and keeps our digestive system in check.
• Overnight soaked almonds are also known as the brain tonic and help children in increasing memory and build cognitive functions.
So make sure you have almonds stocked in your home for a stock of good health in your body.