A college guy met with an accident after losing control over his bike near Sanpada and crashed into the road median on Palm Beach Road. He was thrown in the air and his bike slipped to the opposite lane and car going towards Vashi from Nerul had to apply sudden brake following which another car hit that car from behind.
The youth Zahoor Qazi, a 20-year-old student died on the spot due to severe head injuries as he was riding without the helmet. Qazi was a BSc student of Oriental College, Sanpada and he was the resident of Koparkhairne. His father is a trader at the APMC market.
The police officer said, “Qazi was riding his bike from Koparkhairane towards Oriental College in Sanpada along Palm Beach Road. While taking a left turn to reach Sanpada, he lost control and crashed into the road median”
“People in both the cars have suffered no injuries,” said the officer.
Similar incident happened 15 days ago on Utsav chowk Kharghar. The CCTV footage showed that the woman was riding on the extreme left lane and skid because of uneven concrete work on the dig-up road. The only difference was she was wearing a helmet but still didn’t survive.
So, whatever the situation is navimumbai.com would suggest you follow the rules of road safety and be careful while driving to avoid such accidents.
Some basic rules of road safety:
• Do not use phones or any other electronic while driving.
• Slow down the speed of vehicle. Speeding gives you less time to react and increases the chances of accidents.
• Be aware of other drivers to avoid the unexpected accidents
• Always wear your seat belt or helmet and drive safe, sober and drug free.
• Don’t attempt to retrieve items that fall to the floor.