Have you linked your Aadhaar card no with your mobile SIM? If not, here is a good news for you. Now no more visits to the galleries for linking your Aadhaar with SIM. Telecom operators have now made it easy by offering a toll-free service, 14546, for re-verification of your Aadhaar number on your mobile SIM through IVRS i.e. Interactive Voice Response System.
It has become very easy and convenient for mobile phone users. They can just dial 14546 and link their Aadhaar number with the help of IVRS OTP (One-Time Pin) verification. The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) issuer of the 12-digit Aadhaar number will be given directives for generating OTP, either through the service provider’s website or through Interactive Voice Response (IVR) service. This will simplify the process of linking Aadhar with the mobile phone number, said the government on microblogging site Twitter.
The Government declared 3 options of Aadhaar linking on October 2017 and IVRS is one of them. The Department of Telecommunication provided 3 methods for Aadhaar Linking viz. OTP-based, mobile app based, and IVRS. These new methods will make the work easy for the subscribers to get their mobile number linked with Aadhaar card without visiting the stores of telecoms.
Here’s how the IVRS-based Aadhaar authentication through helpline 14546 works:
1. Call the toll-free helpline number 14546, select the option whether you are NRI or Indian
2. The caller is to provide response 1 in case of an Indian citizen.
3. Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number.
4. Confirm the number by pressing response 1.
5. You will receive an OTP or One-Time PIN to your registered mobile number.
6. The IVR system asks the caller to give consent to the telecom operator to pick his or her name, photo, and date of
birth from the UIDAI database.
7. Then the caller has to enter the OTP in the next step.
8. To complete the re-verification process, the caller is asked to press 1.
9. NRIs/OCIs are not eligible to enroll for Aadhaar and hence fully exempted from any Aadhaar verification of bank accounts/mobile SIM or other services, the UIDAI has said.