- A clean slate is a must. Make sure to thoroughly cleanse your face.
- As long as you have healthy skin, any makeup-look will look good. Hence, figure out a skincare routine that works best for your skin.
- Always start with less foundation and build up from there onwards so that your base won’t end up looking cakey. Same goes for concealer.
- If you want sheer coverage, mix your foundation with some carrier oil or moisturizer.
- At the end of your makeup application, set your makeup with a setting spray so that you can avoid a cakey look, and makeup will blend perfectly. For an affordable setting spray, you can use rose water
- When you’re buying a new foundation, swatch it on yourself and wear it around in different light to make sure it’s a true match.
- Always prep your eyelids with either an eye-primer or a concealer so that your eye makeup will last longer.
- Make any colour of an eyeshadow stand out by first applying a white or a bright base.
- If you are going for a bold eye makeup look, do the eye makeup first so that any kind of fallout can be cleaned easily, and your base makeup won’t be disturbed.
- Have a dried-out mascara tube? Put the tube in glass of warm water for 5- 10 mins and then apply.
- Never pump your mascara. Pumping the wand traps air inside and makes the mascara dry out faster. Instead, spin the brush to get rid of clumps.
- If you want to intensify eyeshadow colours, spray your eyeshadow brush with some setting spray or lightly dip into some water and then apply.
- Before you start off your make up routine, moisturize your lips with a lip balm, so that by the time you get to lipstick application, your lips soft and prepped.
- Scrub your lips at least 2 times a week so that your lips will be extra healthy. Healthy and soft lips can really make any lip colour look good.
- If you want to customize or try mimic a lip shade, just mix two separate lip colours.