Summer days often leave you craving for a cool, refreshing drink. This, in turn, makes you grab a glass of an aerated drink. Though it may satiate you at that time, it can be extremely harmful in the long run. Refreshing mocktails are a great alternative and perfect for the summer season.
Here are a few recipes to delight your palate
1) Refreshing orange mint mocktail
This drink is very refreshing, perfect to chill, cool off and relax.
2 cups orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2cup club soda
1/4 cup water
2 to 3 slices orange
2to 3 mint leaves
Ice cubes as required
- Stir orange juice, lemon juice, water, and sugar in a vessel till the sugar dissolves.
- Garnish with orange slices, mint leaves, and ice cubes.
- Top with soda.
2) Strawberry lemonade
Strawberry lemonade mocktails can be made in minutes and is a very popular choice.
1 cup of ginger ale
1 cup of fresh lemonade
3 strawberries chopped
1 strawberry for garnishing
- In a glass, combine lemonade and ginger ale along with the ice
- Add the finely chopped strawberries.
- Use the last strawberry for garnishing.
3) Pina Colada
This is another easy mocktail recipe.
2 ripe bananas
1 cup of fresh pineapple diced
1/2 cup of coconut milk
3 cups of ice cubes
Pineapple wedges for garnishing
- In a blender blend banana, pineapple pieces, ice and coconut milk.
- Pour the mixture into glasses and garnish with pineapple wedges.
- Serve immediately.
4) Mango Frappe
1 mango, peeled and cut into chunks
3/4 cup of orange juice
1/4 cup of lime juice
2 ice cubes
1 cup of club soda
- Puree the mango in a blender.
- The add the orange and lime juice and blend for another one minute.
- Add the club soda and ice cubes.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well blended.Then serve.
These simple mocktails are very easy to prepare.
Guest Writer: Madhu Jain