When it comes to Harley Davidson, there’s no denying that every motorcycle obsessed person has at least once in his/her life has aspired to be a proud Harley Davidson owner. The thrill of the sound of the engine is pure is just exhilarating. Totally makes your jaw drop and making your heart skip a beat. Yes, we all lust for one! It is said that you can’t just buy a Harley, you gotta earn one. It’s so powerful that it will climb a vertical tree. I kid you not! But here are 8 facts that you probably did not know about Harley Davidson.
- The legendary motorcycle company manufactured bicycles for a couple of years.
- One of the oldest Harley-Davidson motorcycles known as the Shark Tank Harley was sold for $715,000!
- The US government used Harley-Davidson motorcycles during World War I. And by the end of the war, there were about 20,000 Harleys used by the armed forces.
- The V-twin engine has been around since 1914.
- The very first Harley Davidson motorcycle was only 116cc engine and it still had pedals.
- Harley Motors has its own fan clubs (HOG), regular events, restaurants (Las Vegas) and a museum.
- After World War II, Harley-Davidson received two awards by the US Navy for creating the perfect motorcycle for the government.
- Helmet were introduced while Harley-Davidson and Indian Motorcycles started building high-speed motorcycles and because of racing, riders had a lot of head injuries. Hence, helmets were invented.
Mind blown already? If you want to experience more Harley Davidson thrill, then visit the Harley Davidson store on Palm Beach Road, Vashi and check out our video.