Sun’s out, which means it’s time to rock those makeup trends (and yes, also bum’s out if you please). Bright and bold lips, pops of colours on the eyes, and since we’re going have the beaming sunshine reflect off our faces, why not whip those bronzy and golden highlighters too?
So, here’s how you glam up right with bold colours this summer:
- First and foremost, you either play up your eyes or your lips. If you want to wear a bright orange lip, keep the eye-shadow work minimum. Going for bold colours both on your lips and eyes will just be too overwhelming. Both of them will be screaming for attention which is not what you wanna go for.
- Keep the rest of the makeup very subtle and simple. You want utmost attention to your eyes or lips. So keep the complexion soft. Just a touch of blush and contour will suffice.
- If you’re a little rebellious and want to go bold on both your eyes and lips, then go a for a monochromatic look. Monochromatic makeup look is where your eyes and lips are the same colours, or the shades of the same colour. Since it’s summer, you can experiment with colour like bright orange, fuschia pink, red-orange. Though you can play whatever colours you want, it’s still better to know what kinds of shades will suit your skin tone to rock a good summer makeup look.
- As of late, the makeup industry has been making a million eyeshadows and lipsticks that come in various textures: matte, satin, shimmer, glitter, glossy and metallic. For summers, it’s the perfect time to experiment with textures like, shimmer, metallics and glossy as they reflect off light beautifully. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but you gotta step out of your comfort zone sometimes, right?
- We all love liners. But sometimes, you. Just. Don’t. Need. It. If you’re gonna play with pops of colours, let it have its moment. Let the colour be. I know liner is a way get the whole eye look together, but not all the time. So chuck the liner, and let the flaunt the bold eyeshadow. Imagine that editorial-esque vibes you’ll get.
- If you just cannot without liner, you guessed it right, line it with some colour. Give black a break, and opt for one of the myriad shades.